Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 97--August 2, 2013

          Today was a real "down" day.  I don't mean a downer, but just a day of rest and relaxation.  I do think I suffered a little empty nest syndrome, but that will be taken care of Monday evening. 
          Richard gave me a real surprise for dinner tonight.  He made reservations in a great section of downtown Anchorage where they have many fine dining restaurants.  We went to Orso's.  It is advertised as an Alaskan experience.  It was really nice.  I had Bering Sea King Crab legs.  It came with grilled asparagus and a tomato stuffed with smoked salmon and several cheeses.  It was really good.  And yes, I ate them all.
Yummy!!!!
          After we ate, we rode through the huge houses nestled in the mountain above the place we are staying.  They were really something, and the view was unbelievable.  Tomorrow will be spent stocking up on groceries, replenishing meds and paper goods.  All that really means is I get to go to Sam's AND Wal-Mart.  You don't really appreciate those two places until you are many, many miles away from them.

Here are a few extra pictures I didn't get a chance to post.  I hope you enjoy.
I know this is hard to see, but it is an eagle's next.
There are a couple of babies and you can see
Mama's head sticking out.

I love this picture of Samantha and Smokey

More flowers.  Because of the long sunshine hours
the flowers grow into big, beautiful displays



Yes, these are real and look just like this.

The small Russian Orthodox Chapel located
in the City of Kenai

Until next time,
Dolores

No comments:

Post a Comment