Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 120--August 25, 2013

          Don't pay the ramson--we've escaped.  After 30 hours of no television, no telephone and no Internet, we have arrived in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.  That's right.  We are back in Canada, and the good news is we were only detained at the Canadian Border for about 45 minutes. 
           It's been a long day.  We are 1,475 miles from going back into the lower 48 states.  It will take us 4-5 days.  I know that sounds like a long time to travel that far, but HURRY is not something you want to do going through Alaska and Canada.  Some people find it annoying, but I think it's God's way of making us slow down and truly look at the beautiful scenery.  I love every minute and every view waiting for us as we go around, up and over mountains.
          During our trip today, we saw a coyote that crossed the road in front of us.  We slowed down and watched it walk back into the middle of the road and watch us like he was giving us a piece of his mind. 
          Just a few yards passed the coyote, we stop to watch Tundra swams floating on a lake.  What a beautiful sight. The picture isn't very clear, but they were a long ways across the lake.
 
Tundra Swan

I don't know when we will have Internet again, but I'll post as soon as I have a way to do that.  I have a request.  Please work on cooling things off at home.  It is 45 degrees where we are now.  I won't make it through the HOT weather I keep seeing on television.

Until next time,
Dolores

No comments:

Post a Comment