Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 8--May 5, 2013

          Today has been a catch-up day.  The torrential downpours finally stopped late in the morning.  Absolutely nothing exciting going on except for quick visits with a few friends.  Tomorrow we will leave Elijah State Park and move to Miggie Lewis' home for the next week. 
           I'll be doing some research for the guest ranch series I'm working on.  I'll let you know if I come upon anything interesting.
           I have a friend who could really use happy thoughts and prayers.  Nancy Quartrano had climbed onto a counter to get something from a high cabinet.  She slipped and fell onto her back on the floor.  They say she was incredibly lucky because three 3 vertebrae (T1, T2, and T3) were basically crushed and she had bone fragments that could have easily caused paralysis on her right side.
           Friday night, she was taken into surgery and she will not be paralyzed.  She damaged her should where she'd had surgery for a rotator cuff.  I know they keep saying she is lucky, and she is, but in the midst of the pain and anguish, I'm sure she did feel very luckly.
           Hope you are up and around real soon, Nancy.  {{{HUGS}} Love ya.

Until next time,
Dolores

No comments:

Post a Comment