Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 13--May 10, 2013

    Second night of the Homecoming concert.  Tonight, one of the performing groups was The Lewis Tradition, which is an offshoot of the Lewis Family, the legendary bluegrass gospel music group that retired in September 2009 after six decades of performing more than 200 days each year on bluegrass festivals and gospel music programs. 
     The Lewis Tradition is made up of Janis Lewis Phillips (Little Roy's sister), her son Lewis Phillips.  For many years, Travis Lewis played bass for the Lewis Family.  I've heard people say over the years that Travis is one of the best bass players in the business.  He now joins his Aunt Janis and cousin Lewis in the Lewis Tradition.  The fourth member of the group is  Travis' son, Jameson who plays keyboard.
     Several of us listen to Janis tell funny stories about traveling on the bus with her family for most of her life.  Everyone kept saying those were stories that you couldn't write in a book.  After a couple of the tales, I reminded them I'm a published author and I felt sure I could write that stuff in a book.  It was a fun time. 
Janis and Lewis Phillips
    
     Jeff and Sheri performed more of their beautiful southern gospel songs.  The lineup also included Karen Peck and New River.  They are a trio of gospel singers from Gainesville, Georgia.  They've been nominated for many of the gospel industry awards like the Dove Award and also nominations for the Grammy.  Karen has been Female Vocalist of the Year for several years.
 
Karen Peck and Sheri Easter
     Tomorrow night will be Jason Crabb.  My contribution to the meal after the concert will be banana pudding and bacon crisps.  Calm down, Marge.  Calm down.  I'll make you some if I every get back to Jacksonville.  LOL.
 
Until next time,
Dolores


 


2 comments:

  1. I'll hold you to that. Maybe by then I'll be able to eat them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely clip - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete