Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 12-May 9, 2013

         Richard and I had the interior of our bus redone before we left Jacksonville,  Don Wilson did it for us.  I'd seen enough of his work to know that I trusted him enough to pick out the fabrics  and material.  I was recovering (or dying) from walking pneumonia and we were running out of time.  So I told them to keep it to earth tones and I would be happy.
         Don and Richard spent the day traveling from one fabric shop to another.  I'm sure Calico Corners will never be the same after Richard was there fabric shopping.  Anyway, I was very pleased with what Don picked out and co-ordinated.
 
 

          A couple of days ago, we were parked at Little Roy's sister's home.  Richard was working on a door of Little Roy's bus.  He backed the bus out of the stall and stopped it the rear end right at the door of our bus.  They left the bus idling for about ten minutes.
          Suddenly, I realized that there was BLACK oily dust on my white keyboard and all over my hands.  I called to Richard and asked him if he had been using my computer with grease on his hands.  After investigating a few minutes, he found the whole front of the inside of the bus filled with diesel soot.  It took Richard about three hours to literally wash every inch of washable surface and vacuum all our next upholstery.
           After I got back from the grocery store, I recleaned all the kitchen surface.  It was quite a mess.
          Tonight was the first night of Jeff and Sheri Easter's Lewis Family Homecoming.  Gospel singer Lynda Randle.  What a voice!!  Lynda has been on many of the Bill Gaither shows.  She is very beautiful and gracious, and I enjoyed meeting her.  If you get a chance, check out the link I've included.
 
 

          Artists, workers, and friends always go back to Jeff and Sheri's home where another gracious lady serves food to die for.  Peggy Fauscett, Pulaski County Clerk of Superior Court, in Hawkinsville, Georgia.  Her son is a drummer and plays for gospel bands.
Peggy G. Fauscett
Ms. Peggy Faucett, County Clerk and all-round special lady
 
           I usually go with Peggy to the house to get the food heated and ready for the hungery people to arrive after the concerts end (usually 10:30 PM).  Once in a while she let's me make a dish or two, but she really doesn't need my help.  I just like catching up with life since the last time I saw her.  She does a a fabulous job of feeding the crowd terrific home-cooked food.  I also enjoy this because I get to meet the performers like Lynda Randle.
           I've told you the story of the diesel soot and introduced you to Lynda Randle.  Now, I'm going to tie those to stories together and throw Richard into the mix.  All of you who know Richard really well just emitted a collective gasp.  Rightfully so.
           Just before they came into the house to eat, Richard and Little Roy had handled a hose from the bus, which evidently had been covered by the soot.  Their hands were black.  They washed up, but it didn't come off.  Several of us were hanging out in the kitchen talking to Lynda.  When she was introduced to Richard, after they shook hands, my dear, wonderful, husband held out his open palms to Lynda and when she asked "What is that?" he put his hand next to her arm (an exact match by the way) he said "I guess it is rubbing off."
           I was dying of embarrassment and Lynda was dying laughing and so was everyone else.  From there everyone started telling stories along that same line. 
           Question:  Is there a specific number of times a person can die of embarrassment before you actually die?  If so, after thirty-nine years with Richard Wilson, I certainly must be getting close to that number.

Until next time,
Dolores
         

4 comments:

  1. OMG! You must have about died when you realized the extent of the diesel smoke mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it on good authority that you can't die of embarrassment. However, in your case, I think you may be pushing the envelope. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Lynda has a healthy sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to go fabric shopping with Richard. That would be a hoot! A lady I really admired when we were first married said her marriage was very unhappy and if she had it to do over again, she would marry someone who made her laugh. I think you and I both got that one right!

    ReplyDelete