Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 70--July 6, 2013

          I've been a little under the weather today, which worked out well.  Lyle broke down about 80 miles from us and Richard took off to go help him.  He didn't get back until right around time to eat our evening meal.  I did some writing (very little) and rested most of the day.  I have 3 days left to get supplies packed in and do some cooking ahead so I don't have to cook all the time the kids are here.
        I enjoyed the peace and quiet today.  We are in a very different place.  While in Anchorage, we are staying at a friend's place.  We are parked next to his garage in the bottom of his big, beautiful house.  The garage is made to hold one of his two airplanes which he lands on the airstrip that runs right in front of his house and several other mansions on the strip.  All have planes.
          Today, as I rested inside the bus, out of the cold and rain, I watched some interesting things and modes of transportation go by on the road just beyond the airstrip.  Through the windshield of the bus I watched people on inline skates using ski poles racing down the road.  People on horse back.  Bicycle riders on all types of bikes and some with little covered wagons attached to the back that babies ride in.  And, oh yeah, several planes took off and landed right in front of me.  Cool beans.
           Since I didn't go outside, I didn't take any pictures.  But I did find one I thought was adoreable.

Adoreable kitty.  LOL

Until next time,
Dolores         

2 comments: